Friday, December 17, 2010

Reverb10- Lesson Learned..

December 17 – Lesson Learned
by admin on 12/16/2010 in Prompts
December 17 – Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)

Perserverance was definitely the thing I've learned this year. The big theme that seems to have penetrated every aspect of my life this year was this phrase that life has been placing in front of me at every moment this year. And here it is: Life is a journey, not a destination. Every day you take steps in life, and if you don't enjoy them, no, acutally SAVOR them, then you spend your life waiting for the "next big thing". Which is a painful and unsatisfying way to live. Over the past year I've gained weight, lost weight, moved, had a surgery, started a life with a wonderful man and this phrase has moved my being: "Life is a journey, not a destination."
Needless to say, that philosophy has helped me find the laughter when undergoing surgery in a blizzard, enjoying moving into a new home and dealing with the aging of not only myself, but my parents and my loved ones.
Going forward, savoring those precious moments, those quiet time enjoying my lover's company having coffee in the morning, walking the dog, meeting new people just squeezing the marrow out of my everyday existance is the thing I've gained for the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment