Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb10-Friendship

December 16 – Friendship
by admin on 12/15/2010 in Prompts
December 16 – Friendship How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

My closest friendship is with my significant other/mate/life partner Bill. At times that are trying, he is there. At time that are happy, he is there. This is probably the first relationship in my life that I have had someone who is ALWAYS there, whether it be by phone, or email or in person, he is there.

Change is a constant process, a journey not a destination..Having a friend/lover who trusts my instincts, values my perspective and loves me unconditionally has changed me from a person who was very suspect of the world, to a person who sees the possibilities and embraces the changes that nature and the world bring to my being. My suspicion of the world's motives is less of an obsession and more of a curiosity at this point. I'm discovering that I can be quite happy understanding that I am powerless to change certain things in life and that I can be quite motivated to work to change things that I CAN change...

No comments:

Post a Comment